On Skārņu iela 10/16 there is the former St. George Church (after recent restorations there is arranged Museum of Applied Arts), which is noted as a chapel of Order for Knights of the Sword in the Chronicle by Latvian Indriķis. In 1225 it was consecrated as a church with the right to use a bell. In 1297 Riga’s landowners ruined this chapel together with the Order’s castle, and thirty years later the Holy Ghost Convent acquired it. In 1488 the church was consigned to tertiary monks, but after the abolition of the Order in the middle of the 16th century the building was used for maintenance needs. From 1699 to 1703 capital reconstruction works took place (window and door lights were changed, inter-ceilings were built, mechanisms for lifting of goods were installed) that transformed the church into grand storehouse.